The Frankenbox is still running. Added memory to it this week. Found an old 3TB hard drive in the junk box and added that. Have a mix of Xen and Docker running on it at the moment. Looking to install a Win 7 or Win 8 VM in the near future (before the free upgrade ends). Probably won't be able to do much more on it, before the end of Summer, since I have a number of writing assignments (mostly point papers and critiques) to work.
Speaking of writing assignments, the Raspberry Pi 3 review should be completed this coming week. The final sub-project turned out to be easy. Getting the FM receiver working was simple as I'd already ported the controls to a non-WiringPi version. The most difficult part was determining the proper settings for DarkIce.
For those that asked, yes, the RPi3 has enough power to run the controls, DarkIce, and an instance of Icecast. The periodic cache exhaustion still exists, as it did in the previous RPi models. The difference is that it appears less often and is less pronounced in the RPi3. I have some proof-reading and a bit of tweaking to do, then I'll post it on the Element14 site.
From this past week...
- Feck! A history of swearing from the very first F to the 21st C
- Machine Learning Trading Stock Market and Chaos
- bash aliases for Harry Potter enthusiasts
- How Intel Makes a Chip
- Berkeley AI Materials
- AI Deep Learning and Machine Learning: A Primer
- OSC Semantic Search with Latent Semantic Analysis
- What is Differential Privacy?
- Get C.H.I.P. - The World's First Nine Dollar Computer
- Deep Learning Isn t a Dangerous Magic Genie. It s Just Math
- Intel NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK Features and Configurations
Above was generated by a homegrown bolt-on script for Wallabag, which is a free utility for capturing web content so that it can be read later.
Post a Comment