First week of August completed. Three to go...
Achievements so far: 2000+ miles traveled. 8 states crossed by car. One out-of-town assignment completed. Travel claim successfully submitted (this is harder than it sounds). Discovered and reported SQL injection vulnerability in a vendor's web site (this was easier than it sounds; I wasn't actively looking for one but I do read error messages).
Failures so far: caved and violated diet in Connecticut (Dunkin' Donuts and Nathan's Hot Dogs are sold at I-95 rest stops). Circadian rhythm irreparably borked.
Still to go: Two (each) week-long courses, one with a test. Surgery on one eye. A 5-yr physical that's 2 years overdue. Meeting due date for writing two procedures and performing research for a smart card presentation. Possible 2nd trip to DC. Need to apply at ODU or Capital, or re-apply at St. Leo (I've been a slacker for the last 5 years, taking "shiny stuff" courses instead. Supervisor wants me to pass Calculus again, mostly as a "shut up" move to others). Need to brush up on cross-debugging for the pending industrial controls class (I'm reading two books during lunch and playing with gdb in the evenings.). Need to find out if I'm teaching this fall.
Would you believe that I volunteered for all this? (Okay, maybe not the Calculus part.) Looking forward to September, where schedule drops back into sleep/drink coffee/work/eat dinner/sleep routine
In any case, the stuff I've been reading in the last few weeks... Will be switching to a (trial) monthly format for the Wallabag stuff. Below closes out July.
- Whatever Happened to Wordstar? Dvorak News Blog
- Memory management in C programs
- You Might Not Need Electron
- The Fake Townhouses hiding Mystery Underground Portals
- Give me 15 minutes and I'll change your view of GDB
- Shut up snitch! - reverse engineering and exploiting a critical Little Snitch vulnerability - SentinelOne
- USB charging part 1: requirements [LWN.net]
- Concerning Attribution of Hacking
- WikiLeaks Has Officially Lost the Moral High Ground
- Twitter's Fucked
- Fuzzing Unserialize Security Research
- XSA-148 from guest to host