Thursday, April 1, 2010

Update: Pulling RSS feeds through a translator

Back in 2006, I wrote a very short howto for pulling RSS feeds through translator services. It worked, mostly because the translator services were working on raw text. Shortly after that, the technique stopped working because the translator services became "smarter" and refused to work on specifically formatted input (i.e., RSS feeds stopped being translated).

I've updated the howto. You can now employ Yahoo Pipes to pipe just about any feed through Google Translate to your favorite RSS reader. I'm no expert at it and there's probably a better method for doing it, but it works. There's enough detail in the howto to build your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment