- turns out you can go around XP security by using a Win2K disk and forcing the Recovery Console. You even get extra abilities that Administrator wouldn't normally have in the Console.
- SpamAssassing flags this month's
Cryptome as spam.
- The country with the highest average bandwidth "into the home" is suing Microsoft for the damage done by the Slammer worm.
- Do we really need a Linux Virus HowTo?
- Commercial blogging, anyone?
- ... and finally something really scary: Seems that Microsoft is suing "hackers unknown"" for supposedly breaking into Hotmail and harvesting e-mail addresses. I wonder what's going to happen to the next identifiable spammer that heavily targets HotMail.
Thursday, February 13, 2003
Stumble and Flub
Things just didn't work the way they should have, this week. Here's my list: